From outside to inside, windows play an invaluable role in a home’s liveliness and visual appeal. Although windows have many practical purposes, they can also have a very dramatic impact on a home’s atmosphere. How, exactly, can a window transform your home? Let us count the ways…
1. Picturesque Views Often overlooked, the views windows provide are crucial to staying in tune with the outside world. They can also work as pieces of art. For example, bay windows are used to highlight scenic panoramas such as lakes and cityscapes within a home’s surrounding area.
2. Ventilation and Airflow As good as they might smell before a meal, smells from the kitchen cease to be mouth-watering when they linger well after the meal is finished. Exercise rooms and tight, cramped spaces also tend to trap unwanted fragrances that, with windows, can be avoided. Stagnant aromas can be quickly and easily dealt with—simply by opening a window.
Also, installing energy efficient replacement windows are a terrific way to improve insulation. The option of adding a screen onto a room’s window is also a great way to promote healthy home ventilation, particularly for humid summer days.
3. Natural Lighting Along with the nice feeling of natural light on the skin, there are numerous health benefits of the sun’s natural rays. Windows can be utilized in a variety of fashions to soak up some healthy light. Adding a skylight into a living space can be an effective way to promote calmness and capture the sun’s warm glow, which is especially useful in potentially high-stress environments such as an office or kitchen.
4. Window Decorations Drapes, curtains, blinds, sheers, and multiple other window treatments are excellent decorations to enrich the theme or design of a room. The textures, patterns, and colors increase a room’s character and bring forth a specific atmosphere depending on the style. Additionally, blinds and sheers can serve as an artful way to control a space’s lighting.
5. Custom-Style Aesthetic A window’s size, shape, and placement all influence an area’s mood and personality. Ranging from square or circular to arched, the shape and size of a window can be designed to a customer’s preference. Another approach is incorporating windows with the design of interior doors, creating a unified style.