How often as working adult do you find some inspiration or encouragement in recalling the advice of a parent? We do here at Wallside Windows.
And the relatable words came quickly. No surprise – Wallside is a family-owned company, one operating here in Michigan since 1944. Wallside Founder Martin Blanck left behind a tradition of treating employees just like family. That lasting legacy is carried forward by his sons and grandson today.
We thought we’d take a moment to share those words of wisdom that we carry with us through life and here to work, because they prove useful every day:
· David Ball, operations manager – “Take care of things (cars, lawnmower, etc.) and they will take care of you.”
· John Dimitroff, service coordinator – “It’s not what you do when you’re being watched, it’s how hard you work when no one is around.”
· Bill Eldred, sales representative – “If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right!”
· Steven Grandon, sales representative – “Always seek advice from your elders. If they don't have the answer they always seem to make you feel they do.”
· James N. Killian, hi-lo driver – “Work smarter not harder.”
· Laura Lambert, sales representative – “My dad is a selling machine! (His) best advice? ‘Move to Michigan and sell some windows!’ And ‘You've got to give 'em a reason to buy!’ I hear his voice saying that if I'm having an off day at work. Just knowing that he believed in me enough to do this job gives me so much confidence - as his support always has all my life! Thank You Dad.”
· Shawn Pickens, service technician – “Always think your way around a problem; there is always a solution.”
· Marc Rodriguez, window assembly – “Take pride in anything you do.”
· Bradley Scott Sinclair, maintenance – “Never say ‘I can’t do that.’”